Welcome to Week Three of #WriterRecharge!
If you want to learn more about this month-long motivational writing challenge co-hosted by Sara Biren, Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, and Elodie Nowodazkij, just click here. And be sure to include the link to your update on Sara’s blog or tweet about it using hashtag #Writer Recharge!
At the beginning of the month, I set my goals here.
How did I do during the second week?
- Writing: I met my goal, working through another round of great feedback from the mentors and participants from the First Five Pages workshop. My second revision goes up for review later today, and after one last revision round, those pages should be ready! I also revised my next five pages, taking that same feedback into account.
- Swimming: A repeat of last week: I only ended up swimming three days instead of four, because once again, I was thwarted by a snowstorm.
- Reading: I finished the next book in my stack of award-winners (YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS by Meg Medina)–not surprised at all that it won the Pura Belpré award. I also finished a research-y book (BERLIN! BERLIN! by Kurt Tucholsky) and the Newbery honoree (DOLL BONES by Holly Black).
What are my goals for this week?
- Writing: Revise first five pages once more as part of the workshop and revise ten more pages in a similarly meticulous manner.
- Swimming: Swim or winter exercise four days!
- Reading: Read the next book in the award-winning stack (THE LIVING by Matt de la Peña).
Hope #WriterRecharge is going well and that you have another great week in store!