Welcome to Week Two of #WriterRecharge!
If you want to learn more about this month-long motivational writing challenge co-hosted by Sara Biren, Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, and Elodie Nowodazkij, just click here. And be sure to include the link to your update on Sara’s blog or tweet about it using hashtag #Writer Recharge!
Last week, I set my monthly goals here.
How did I do during my first week?
- Writing: Instead of plowing through my next 50 pages of draft two, which had been my plan for the week, I slowed down. Really slowed down. But that’s a good thing. I was lucky enough to get into one of the monthly First Five Pages workshops, so I spent the entire week on my first five pages: digesting comments from others, brainstorming solutions, researching (it’s a historical), and finally, revising. By focusing on the tone and details of those first pages, I think I just saved myself a boatload of work down the road …
- Swimming: I only ended up swimming three days instead of four this week, but in my defense, I was thwarted by a snowstorm. Hopefully the weather cooperates better this week. 🙂
- Reading: I read the next book in my stack of award-winners (THE NAZI HUNTERS by Neal Bascomb) and started the next (YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS by Meg Medina). So good!
What are my goals for this week?
- Writing: Revise first five pages once more as part of the workshop and revise next five pages in a similarly meticulous manner.
- Swimming: Swim four days!
- Reading: Finish YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS and start the next book in the stack (THE LIVING).
Hope your first week of #WriterRecharge went well and that you have a great week in store!