I’m available for school visits throughout the year for both middle and high school students.
Options for presentations include the following one-hour sessions (each of which includes time for Q&A):
- Germans Against Germany: a general overview of resistance during World War II within Germany by Germans with a focus on the White Rose and their passive resistance activities (any size group)
- The Path to Publication: an overview of my own journey to becoming a published author, including wrong turns, rejections, and plenty of hope (any size group)
- Fact or Fiction: an in-depth look at research techniques that can be used for everything from school papers to essays to dissertations to historical fiction, along with specific examples from the research that went into writing White Rose (best for smaller groups of 20-30 students)
- The Power of Poetry: a workshop that highlights examples of popular poetry from magazines, poetry collections, and verse novels that also gives students the chance to craft poems from their own experiences or from the perspective of voices from history (best for smaller groups of 20-30 students)
- Lost in Translation: a workshop that highlights the world that opens up to students who speak a foreign language, using specific examples from German sources used for White Rose (best for smaller groups of 20-30 students, ideal for German classes)
My full day rate is $1000 for eastern Massachusetts and $1200 for schools outside of the area. This daily rate includes three full presentations, lunch with the students, and a book signing. Teachers must be present for all sessions, and a projector and laptop connection is required.
No travel reimbursement is necessary for local schools, but hotel and travel expenses apply outside of the area. A la carte rates for any single presentation are $400 for eastern Massachusetts and $500 outside of the area.
Please contact me for more information or to inquire about availability.