Thanks to Patrice Caldwell for passing on the Inner Peace award to my blog!
As part of the rules of the blog award, I’m sharing seven things about me that are hopefully new to my blog readers, so that means nothing about Boston, Rilke, Iceland, or my small twins. 🙂
1. Besides being a mom to five-year-old twins, I’m also the mom of a recent college graduate. No joke. But the funniest thing about this is that I discovered from Patrice’s post that she goes to the same college my older daughter went to! Small world indeed.
2. Both of my parents were chemists, and I’ve had a mental block against science for most of my life–until I started writing science fiction and realized how cool some of it is (sssshhh, don’t tell).
3. I studied ballet for years, but I really wish I knew how to tap dance. Might have to get on that soon.
4. I wish I had more time to read. When I was in grad school, all I did was read or write about reading, but since then, I only average about a book a week–somewhere around 60 a year. And there are so many good books out there!
5. I’ve never visited anywhere in Asia yet, and I really, really want to. Japan, Indonesia, Nepal. Gimme.
6. I could never choose between Star Wars and Star Trek. I love them both.
7. Among the many reasons I’m happy I married a Spaniard: tortilla española, lomo, arroz a banda, pan bueno, chocolate con churros. Yes, they are all foodstuffs. And yes, I could go on …
Besides thanking Patrice for sharing the award, I’m now passing the award on to a batch of other great writing blogs. Hope you all get a chance to post soon!