The fabulous Jaye Robin Brown tagged me and some of the #wipmadness crew with a new set of questions in the latest question-asking tag game passing through the interwebs: http://jayerobinbrown.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html
Her five evil questions aren’t actually all that evil:
1. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten – what, when, and where.
Not evil, but wow, this is a hard question for a foodie! I’ve had delicious meals here in Boston (most recently a five-course tasting menu at Upstairs on the Square in Harvard Square, drool), in Austria (bone marrow soup! Wienerschnitzel!), and Iceland (is it bad that we tried whale?), among other places. But hands down, some of the best foods I’ve ever tried were in Spain, and so here’s a photo of one of my favorite dishes we had last year, arroz a banda, a rice cooked in seafood broth and then served with the fish and of course aioli.
2. What is your earliest memory?
I was about three years old, and I’d wandered out into the tall weeds behind the house–well above my head–and before I knew it I was alone. I’d never been lost, and had never been completely alone. It both thrilled and terrified me, and I remember tingling with excitement. After reveling in my independence for a few minutes, I turned around and went home, feeling like I’d been forever changed.
3. If given your choice of a secret rendezvous with any fictional hottie – who would you choose?
Don’t laugh. But the love interest in my current WIP is about my favorite ever. I’d pick him over any fictional hottie right now.
4. What is your favorite joke?
OK, this question is a little evil. I guess I’m a fan of the oldie-but-goodie about the three strings who walk into a bar and end up with a frayed knot.
5. Pick three words to describe yourself (one is just too hard!)
Persistent, energetic, and open-minded
So! For the next part of the tagging, I have to hit up three other friends with five more questions. I’d love to hear answers from:
Kerri Maniscalco: http://kerrimaniscalco.com/
Ruth L. Steven: http://ruthlaurensteven.blogspot.com/
Without further ado, my questions:
1. Keeping with the foodie theme, what’s your signature dish? Something you make that blows people away and that you luuuuurve.
2. If you could be any fictional character, whose story would you want to live?
3. If you won a magical trip to any destination and had to use the setting in your next novel, where would you go?
4. Your favorite five authors. Go!
5. What music are you listening to while working on your current WIP?